5 Simple Tips for Weight Loss
At the start of my weight loss journey I had no idea how to begin and what was good/ bad to do in order to lose weight. Over the course of the past few weeks I have picked up tips and advice from several people and found the best ways that have helped me. So for anyone who is struggling here are FIVE simple tips to get that will help to shed those pounds!
1) WATER! If you are not a fan of water right now I can guarantee it will be your best friend in about a weeks time. Water is so important for the body, it is recommended that an individual should drink at least 2 liters of water a day. You're thinking it is impossible to do this yeah? Well it's actually quite easy and will get easier and before you know it you'll be drinking 16 cups of water a day instead of 8! This is vital for dieting because water helps the metabolic process and helps to keep the body hydrated. It is important to drink water before and during each meal as this helps to speed up the bodies metabolism, however, don't drink so much after a meal as this can often cause indigestion.
2) EAT MORE. Eat more? Surely that will make you put on more weight right? No. It is important when dieting that you do not starve your body because it will go into survival mode and produce more fat to help you carry on throughout the day. How do you do this then? Simply eat throughout the day between 5 or 6 meals (obviously smaller portions), for example, cut your meals in half and eat the second half two hours after you ate the first part. This way you will not get hungry throughout the day but you're also taking in the required amount of calories you want/need. Not only is this good for the metabolism as your body is constantly having to digest food, but it also allows a regular intake of certain vitamins your body requires because it is replacing the vitamins that have been passed out of the body through urination.
3) EXERCISE. Exercise is important for burning fat to get to the desired body weight goal. This doesn't necessarily mean that you have to sign up for a gym and go there every other day. There are easier and cheaper ways to exercise, for example a morning jog/run is brilliant and a great kick start to the day and with the cool wind blowing in your face there is nothing better! If you have a dog, go take it for a run while you walk briskly or even run along with it. If you can cycle then take a bike ride for an hour or so because cycling is brilliant to develop the leg muscles. On top of this you can make your home a gym, simply do press ups/sit ups anywhere and there are so many workout videos on YouTube! Trust me, you save money this way and it works. I'm nearly at my weight loss goal and I've only been doing all of this, not been to a gym once!
4) BIN THE BURGERS. Take a step back and look at what you eat on a weekly basis, then decided how much of this stuff would actually make you gain weight rather than help your body in the process. It is easy to look and see what you are eating that is bad for you, especially if half of your diet consists of McDonalds or pizza. The easiest way to change this will be to make your own food, know what you're eating. Get rid of all the fatty foods and sugary foods and stick to natural products rather than processed. Even with just doing this you'll see the difference within a week, you'll feel much more alive, be able to sleep better, have better skin, and the most important improvement is you'll feel happy.
5) MOTIVATION. Admittedly it is difficult to begin a weight loss journey and you can often think 'why am I bothering with this, I won't achieve anything'. The most important thing to help you get to your goal is motivation! Tell your close family/friends that you want to do this and either get them involved or get them to help you be motivated. Whether it's going for a run with you or them encouraging you to get out of bed today and get some of those YouTube workouts completed. Also try some sort of rewarding system (that isn't food) to help you aim for your goal, for example, have a dress that you want to fit into and look great in within a certain deadline. Come on if you love the dress there'res bound to be one heck of a lot of motivation to fit into it. Make this a hobby and not a chore, if you love doing exercise and being healthy you're bound to have the process easier than if you were to hate every moment of it.
I hope some of these helped you as a simple kick-start guide, I would love to hear feedback if there is more I could know to help with my weight loss, that would be brilliant!