Menorca

Hey guys! While it is so cold and miserable outside I thought I'd share with you a little trip I took in the summer! I say a little trip I took in summer, but for me it was a huge step due to it being my first ever holiday abroad! Yes, first holiday abroad, I haven't been since the age of 5 and lets face it who would remember travelling away in great detail 16 years on?! This holiday in summer was a trip to Menorca, which was thrown on my partner and I as an engagement present from his grandparents! Quite a surprise indeed! As I have mentioned previously, first holiday, which meant having to prepare for flying for the first time. The only few words I can describe how I felt when I found out I was going on a plane for the first time, very nervous! However, the holiday was so worth the anticipation of flying! Look at this view....

Beach view

We arrived at the airport in Menorca, in the city of Mahon (also the birthplace of mayonnaise YES BOYZ, a perfect match for the pair of us). After finding the coach transport to the hotel we arrived at Cala Blanca Sun Hotel which was a 4* all inclusive hotel. All inclusive hotel including all the beer and spirits on tap, oh and food of course!

Love on the Beach and Shrek

I was like a child on Christmas Day, the excitement I felt throughout the whole journey and waiting to see what another country looks like was unreal! The views from the plane on the slight on the way there were spectacular (we flew over the Alps and for someone who loves the view from the top of mountains it was amazing to see the top of some looking so small from above! 

View of the Alps

It was amazing arriving in a different country, with the heat being something I've never experienced before like that! The skies were lovely and blue and the sun shining down, it felt so surreal. Genuinely never expected to be in such a lovely place and it wasn't my usual trip to Wales... So as you can imagine, those feelings were quite strong and not ones to forget!

View from the roof of the hotel

Upon arrival we were amazed at the views, we went past the beach which was a two minute walk from the hotel, so close! Of course, after exploring the hotel, we headed down to the beach for the afternoon and watched the sun set. P.S. be prepared to be thankful if you live in a warm country but to absolutely hate being in say the icy, cold and dark UK, like myself! 






Gotta have the sea view selfie



Kee swagging it up

                                           


I hope you enjoyed those photos, I'll admit I'm feeling extremely nostalgic right now and would love to go back in the sun! The majority of the week was spent on the beach, in the hotel sunbathing by the pool and absolutely scoffing our faces (and I won't spill all the beans, but at least one of us couldn't fit into our trousers when we came back). The food in the hotel was absolutely amazing, even for myself as a vegetarian! Thankfully it took us until the last day to realise there was a snack bar in between the meal times, like I say if we had known sooner there would have been no chance for the trousers fitting! The Casa Blanca Sun Hotel was not only great for the all inclusive food and drink, but also for the staff running the hotel and the entertainment staff who held various amounts of entertainment including; karaoke, pub quizzes and bingo (which we nearly won but were defeated tragically at the tie break, which of course we ended up with an Ace, the lowest card possible). The hotel had a lovely, friendly atmosphere from the staff which made it even more of a pleasant stay!


Calorie central

It was so nice waking up every morning, being able to sit on a balcony in the sun with a nice cool breeze before breakfast, absolutely breathtaking. We made the most of each day with getting up early and enjoying the Balearic sun! Two of the seven days we went away we spent at the Ciutadella, the old capital of Menorca. This town was absolutely gorgeous, we spent the first day around the Cathedral and the harbour and the second walking around the centre where we managed to get stopped by a man cutting our silhouettes which was rather hilarious. The second day we were there the locals were celebrating the festival of Saint Joan and the streets were busy with everyone watching the raising of the flag to celebrate. 




An overall sum of the holiday; hot, relaxing, belly filling and amazing! I'm so grateful for Kee's grandparents allowing us the opportunity to go away to celebrate our engagement and enjoy time together away from home. Here are just a few more photos to sum up the rest of our time away, 












Hope y'all enjoyed this and feel free to share if you're going away somewhere nice sometime soon! 


Peace out!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birmingham German Market

Newton Faulkner

Games I'm digging lately.