Music: What's making me move?

Hey guys,

How are you all doing? Hope you are all having a lovely week and enjoying the weather (which is about as indecisive as myself and Kee choosing between watching Stranger Things or The Good Place on Netflix)

I thought today I would talk about what music I'm really digging at the moment. I spend so long walking to and from work each week so I ended up getting Spotify Premium in order to enjoy music on the go. It is worth the £9.99 a month when you can download some of your favourite songs to your device. It is great to enjoy a bit of variety depending on what you feel like listening to and it is also great to share what you love. If you love something what is the point in keeping it to yourself when you can share this and allow others to enjoy what you love. Hence why I am going to share a few songs I absolutely love at the moment.

Katy Perry - Chained to the Rhythm

I will start off with someone spectacular, the all time babe that is Katy Perry and her song Chained to the Rhythm. When I first heard this song I was amazed. I love the story behind the song about how oblivious people are to real issues due to being surrounded by 'the bubble' and thinking they are in a perfect world. Not only has it got a good story, but it is super catchy. When I first heard this I wanted to learn the lyrics (especially Skip Marley's part) so I listened to it at least 100 times, yet I still want to listen to it more! Take a look at the video to get an understanding of the song, it is worth your time.

                    

My Chemical Romance - Famous Last Words.

I never used to listen to MCR, then I met my fiance who was obsessed. When I say obsessed I am pretty sure he was in the crowd of those who cried when they broke up (he never got to see them live). Anyway, I was one of those people who, if you asked me do you like MCR, I would be like 'yeah I've listened to the Black Parade song'. Looking back I do not even know why I was such a music hermit and why I never listened to more songs by MCR. Then I met Kee who introduced MCR to me, more so, Famous Last Words. What a song! When I first heard it I had this on repeat, after all, it is extremely catchy. Whenever I listen to it I always get a sudden urge of motivation to crack on with things and attempt to get my life in order. Definitely worth giving a little listen to, especially if you are needing some motivation! 

Bring Me The Horizon - Follow You

This song is the song that my fiance played just before he proposed to me. This song will always be a song that means so much to me and it was also awesome seeing this played live in Birmingham last year. The lyrics behind this song are so true and every time I hear this song it genuinely makes me feel so happy. With this song as well you really need to watch the video (there are zombies in it - how cool?!) as it is produced so well, once you've seen it, you'll never want to stop.

Source
Avenged Sevenfold - So Far Away

Avenged Sevenfold have always been one of my favourite bands. I have now seen them live twice and both times it was so good being in that atmosphere listening to a band that I have loved for ages. You can read about my latest experience seeing Avenged Sevenfold here. So Far Away is such a beautiful song that brings you into the moment. It was only about two years ago when I found out the meaning behind the lyrics. See, this song was made in memory of one of the band members, The Rev, who sadly passed away. Even though the song is about something sad, it is a beautiful song. If you like this song take a moment to check out the video for it. If the song itself doesn't make you tear up, the video most certainly will. (I mean just thinking about the video and song is making me slightly emotional right now). I feel like in order for you to understand why I love this song so much you need to listen to it, my words do not give its beauty enough justice. 

Dua Lipa - New Rules

This song. This Artist. This is just everything I need in life. If you haven't head this song, please do now. It is so good and the meaning behind the lyrics are so true. Basically, it is teaching 3 simple rules on how to stay strong after a break up. I really wish this song was out several years ago where some of my friends were having difficulties with this sort of situation. I would have locked them in a room and played this song on repeat until they got the rues in their heads. Not only, but again, this is a super banging tune that you simply cannot stop listening to. I first heard this song on YouTube, yes before you ask, it was my fiance who showed me the video (gotta give him a lot of credit for some of the things I listen to). The video is fun to watch and if you are anything like me you will fall more and more in love with Dua Lipa. It got this far that I changed my background to this photo I stumbled across of Dua Lipa with the cute bunny (I love animals so it was a purrfect match). 

Source: DIY Magazine
Kesha - Woman

This song is from Rainbow which is Kesha's latest album and it is an awesome album. This song though is so catchy and up beat. It is my go to song if I am feeling down as it helps to encourage me to feel better about myself. Also, have a closer listen to the lyrics in this song and you will understand why I love it so much.

Avenged Sevenfold - Dear God

Every time I listen to this song I am taken back to day trips out with my Dad and brother, driving around the Welsh country side. This song is from the Self Titled album which is one of my favourite albums of all time. This song is extremely passionate and it is so hard not to get lost in the moment with this song.

Fan Art

Here are a few more songs that I have been listening to and enjoying recently:

Thirty Seconds To Mars - This Is War

Katy Perry - Swish Swish

Taylor Swift - Bad Blood

Thirty Seconds To Mars - From Yesterday

Kesha - Praying

Katy Perry - Bon appetite

Thirty Seconds to Mars - Walk on Water

Clean Bandit (feat. Zara Larsson) - Symphony. 

I hope you enjoyed this post today and spend some time enjoying some new/old music. What songs are making you dance at the moment? 

Peace out! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Birmingham German Market

Games I'm digging lately.

Newton Faulkner